iii) The AneVivo device
The AneVivo device is a porous capsule that enables In Vivo Development to take place in the natural physiological environment of the maternal womb instead of the laboratory incubator.
The AneVivo device has been designed and tested to:
- Carry injected or inseminated oocytes and gametes into the uterine cavity for fertilization and very early development.
- Maintain the embryos in the desired intra-uterine position whilst in the womb.
- Allow safe and easy placement / retrieval of all embryos in / from the uterus to ensure a seamless transition with all the other stage of the treatment (i.e. morphological evaluation, if needed / allowed genetic diagnostics, ...).
- Permit bidirectional passage of fluid between the embryo and the mother providing the full range of nutrients and natural components needed for the development and mother-embryo interactions.
The AneVivo device is:
- CE marked
- Fully biocompatible
- Fully tested for embryo development
- Comfortable for the patient
- Translucent under direct vision, visible by ultrasound
- Easily manipulated by both the embryologist and the gynaecologist
The AneVivo device is approved by the local Competent Authorities for its use in clinical practice for the treatment of infertility in UK (HFEA), Spain (AEMPS, Consejerias de sanidad), Denmark (Sundhedsstyrelsen), Czech Republic (MZCR) and Poland (URPL). Switzerland and other countries are in the pipeline.
- The Anecova cell encapsulation technology was developed in collaboration with one of the world’s few specialized laboratories with high-level expertise in the subject at the EPFL Lausanne in Switzerland.
- To produce the AneVivo device, precision manufacturing techniques were borrowed from the watch-making and microprocessor industries.
- The device is produced with exceptional craftsmanship and assembled by hand in state-of-the-art facilities in Switzerland.